View Single Post
Old 2009-12-13, 19:42   Link #1423
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
No worries. Since he posts on this game's board there and I think(?) there are just a couple of arcades with this game, I thought that you might have ran into him at one time or another.

For rev. 1, there were 16 upgrades, so we went to 1.16 before the big change. I'm guessing that Bandai Namco is just trying to see if it can drum up some business in SG and HK to continue the franchise, but it might fail if there isn't enough support by those arcades; it costs like 3 SGD per match if I heard correctly.

The move to 2.x, for you guys, could take awhile. Aside from MS unlock requirements, the other big changes affected promotion rules, voice symbol recognition and new playing fields and MS'es. Back in 1.x, it was very easy to get to be a general as long as you keep playing, but now it's how good a player is that gets you promoted. The voice symbol change, you're not too likely to get since it only recognizes Japanese - unless they managed to plug in different VR software.

Too bad, though. It would help the game's popularity if players from all 3 sites can link up, IMHO.
Yeah, they're only two arcades AFAIK with this game. Renting the machines surely isn't a cheap endeavour, I presume. I tend to go at off-peak times with empty machines, so I haven't met many people who've been playing the game.

It actually costs 5 SGD per credit (2 matches) and 5 more for the card, but I shouldn't be complaining since I hear it's 500yen/credit over there. Anyways, that kind of entry price point is still extremely high on the casual side of things, even I balked at the cost when I first heard of it. I expect that Bandai Namco should have an expectation of the crowd demographic (read: Gunota only) when they decided on introducing the game overseas.

Those are interesting changes to the game that you've wrote about there. Rank being tied to actual skill, the restructured unlocking criteria, and having space stages are changes I can believe in. What is this voice symbol thing that you're talking about though? Is it a software that allows one to order the CPU using voice alone?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote