Thread: Licensed ef - a tale of memories.
View Single Post
Old 2007-10-06, 17:59   Link #206
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
For my part, I thought the first episode was very interesting and different, and I liked it. Then again, I'm a big fan of Shaft's trademark style. It does seem the approach is a bit different from the game, but I think I need to see more episodes to know where they're going with it. The Shaft/minori artistic fusion worked for me, but I can definitely see how it'd be an acquired taste.

It's difficult to judge the whole series on this first episode, but I'll definitely keep watching. And some motion issues aside (though I didn't see as many as Skyfall), the animation and art sure is pretty, and the music is great. If they continue to build from here, I'll be happy.

^ as far as motion problems go... from the top of my head i can name 3 scenes -
Spoiler for episode 1:

Overall it is nothing to cry over, but i would say the movements look somewhat unrefined My biggest issue is going to be the 'artistic' moments - i can already tell they are not gong to grow on me anytime soon, meaning they will keep to be 'intrusive' for me, thus leaving a not exactly positive impact on my overall viewing experience