View Single Post
Old 2011-07-19, 11:56   Link #132
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I disagree (well, it is on point, but I disagree with your analysis). We see "Bane" multiple times during the trailer, and in each sequence he is always rising (which, of course, fits the theme of evil rising (which Gordon is whining about), as well as a nice comparison to Batman rising), whether it be up the well, doing push-ups, or the close up as Bane slowly comes into focus (and seemingly slowly approaches the audience). The final shot simply completes this "rising" transition from training to challenging Batman, as Bane, quite literally, overpowers the frame by rising (literally ascending stairs) to meet Batman.
Actually, there's no shots of "Bane rising." Prior to the shot that I criticized, he's only shown in a couple quick shots which only show his face. But if we include your thoughts with the trailer, then we're just talking about a total disjointed mess. The main reason I singled out one shot in particular, is because the individual in the background has generated discussion on other boards. It's very poor framework on Nolan's behalf -- although, that's nothing new.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote