View Single Post
Old 2012-10-08, 08:56   Link #1
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Sakuga /MAD thread

What is Sakuga ?

Sakuga can be designed by animation frame per frame , meaning real animation

Not still animation with boring loop

Body animation and face animation are good example (good face animation not mouth looping)

Sakuga/MAD are made by japanese fans (for what i know, maybe americans do their "sakuga" with their disney movie , i dont know) , most of the time so , they features some crazy good animations by really awesome animators wich gained their own style over the years (centuries ?)

Kanada for example is a legend of 2d animation meaning he was a genius , pushing the philoshophy of Tezuka to an extend creating a new way of animation : the kanada style , those animations characteristics are simple : doing something stylished at most with few frames.

Also there is others styles and philoshopy in japan like over framed animation , wich is more disney-ish like , you can check the early movies of Toei Doga (for example the movie with songoku ! or the white snake)

d animation in japan is complex and with a multiple ramifications and styles
The greatest animators of japan starts to be well know worldwide even if most of the time people speak about IMAISHI thinking he created everything about the style wich is funny because sometimes they never heard about kanada.

Also some other great artist are for example mitsuo iso and of course K and Y . Yoshinari (You is well know for his technique of bakuhatsu animations , look at flcl ...)

So i wanted to create a thread here to share some cool sakuga (even if i already saw a ton xd)

Also this thread could help identify animators style and animes

If i should speak of me , i'm a 2d animator and 2d indie creator movies
What style i love ?
Mostly realistic style , i enjoy stylished style as well in fact i can't decide for the moment xd.
What are the legends in animations for me ?

Mitsuo Iso (this guy have mastered the weight with few frames , meaning he masters the timing like crazy)
Ichiro Itano (should i present this guy , seriously ? he created the first 3d effect battles and his missile circus is Magical)
You Yoshinari : the legend who created with his brother the valkyries of VP (tri ace) , A great artist and a great animator , the dream!
Kanada (Of course , He deserves more recognition)
Nakamura , called by some as the great Master combat man or something like that , he proved that he is one the best for some awesome memorable battles , take a look at sword of the stranger's ending and you'll know what i'm talking about.
And many others!

Please pardon my english and if it already done then delete this thread attempt !
Also my infos can be totally wrong , so sorry if i post some mistakes , no need to flame.

So i begin with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMXXotEHXx4
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote