View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 17:37   Link #305
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I totally respect that romance is not your preference and that you don't enjoy this sort of content. But I just want to point out that what we seemed to see of them on the outside and what was actually going on inside are a bit different here.

Kirito was a person who looked strong and stoic, and wanted to believe that he had the power to save people, but he struggled time and again with the realization of just how powerless he really is, starting all the way back with the way he abandoned Kline and blames himself for Sachi's death. This was actually a recurring theme of his character development throughout the whole work (even in this recent episode) that I honestly wish had been emphasized even more throughout the story. He may have looked strong, but he's actually incredibly fragile. It's only in front of Asuna (and a little bit with Suguha) that he can let that side of him out.
Indeed. And it was worse after he got out of SAO. Because for a while in there, he really believed he was a strong hero. He'd lived by the sword and saved the lives of others. He put an end to the nightmare. And, after the final fight, live or die, he thought he and Asuna would be together.

But in the real world, for a while he could barely stand. Instead of a reliable hero, he was just a highschool student who'd missed two years of schooling. And worst of all, he was parted from Asuna after all. There's nothing surprising about his break down.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote