View Single Post
Old 2004-08-02, 19:22   Link #19
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

About Japanese hating Americans...Wasn't america that give them free atomic bomb for their enjoyment? Since it's recent they should have forget that already, no? [i'm being sarcastic here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by molotov sp
2.Whats better than a sexy hero? A HAREM OF SEXY HEROS!
I'm sorry, this particular cliche is especially disturbing becuase frankly even I dig it sometimes. I mean they are sexy and already half dressed......the only next step to REALLY please the fans is to make them all open lesbiens with eachother (they would all have to be lesbiens because we already have animes where just one of the group has acute homosexual tendencies). Let's just take a tiny step backwards here ... boys can be heros too after all! AS A MALE I DEMAND EQUAL RIGHTS!!!!
Greatest culprit in recent memory ivergence EVE (Look at them, I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THEM ... oh GAWD stop staring will ya?)
I hate this soooooooooooooooooooooo much sexy girls every where! do they want all the girls in the world becoming lesbian to satisfy their discusting pervert needs (feels better now to have once again complain about fanservice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoz
#1 It's a Japanese show what you expect. If you want American history, then they will need to draw American characters, and then they will need English voice actors. You want them to portray Americans while speaking Japanese? Besides isn't every country like that?
You are right! Why japanese should make their show about other conuntry if those country already have show that have only their own country involve in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by molotov sp
(After ranama the creator had a chance to create something truly origional .... he didn't!)
Rumiko Takahashi is a she

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
in 90% of all animes, (one of) the main characters has lost one or both parents (dead).
Thanks to have point this important one, it's really seen often in anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
In anime warriors are kinda stupid.
-> Instead of just kicking the crap out of their enemy they always cry out which special move they are gonna make next before hitting the enemy

In anime the opposing warriors are even dumber
-> Instead of fighting the other guy, they always politely wait untill he has finished screaming his battle move, then reacts too late. C'mon any decent bad guy would've taken his gun and shot the dude while he was screaming battle moves

For Example : <POKEMON, Sailor Moon, etc> inserted by Yogo_Pogo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
90% chance of the main guy's sister is actually not related and 99.9% chance that she has a crush for her brother....
This makes me ask myself if japanese got a problem with the fact that it's forbiden to fall in love/have sex with a brother/sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaigeman
Always tends to be just ONE guy all the girls like to fall for. At least throw in another guy for some differences.
True enough. the worst is that this guy/girl that everyone falls in love with never got the best personality ever and there is always a character that is more interesting but got no girl/boyfriend because she/he is not the hero.

The thing that i hate about american movie would be a thread to talk about cliche in american movie maybe we should make one in the general chat...
Yogo_Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote