View Single Post
Old 2009-12-06, 12:00   Link #46
Laurcus
The black angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
Did he ever say his real intentions in a magazine interview or something? I'm interested in reading this...
I don't know, but would it really surprise anyone if the writer and director planned this from the start? I have heard people say that R2 didn't go exactly as the writer and director planned, but would it really be that hard to just make all that up to build hype for season 3?

It would go something like this. Sunrise sets it up for another season but isn't sure if it will make a lot of money. So the last episode of R2 airs and they listen to what their fans have to say about it. If no one cares and the fans all just say Code Geass sucks, then Sunrise doesn't make any more CG.

If 100000 flame wars across the internet start about Lelouch being alive or dead and people still seem interested even after the show is over, then Sunrise knows they can make bank off this.

So they watched, and waited to see the fans reactions. I don't need to tell all of you how many CG lulu dead/alive threads there have been lol. So after seeing fan reactions, Sunrise (and maybe the writer and director?) are motivated out of greed to make more CG.

That's my crazy conspiracy theory anyway.