View Single Post
Old 2010-02-19, 11:44   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
I don't buy it.
You know, personally I don't buy it either, and have said so many times. But this has been going on for years now (for as long as Haruhi and KyoAni have been popular), and it doesn't show any signs of stopping. So it's easier to just recognize what's going on and move on rather than dwelling on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
ahem.
not sure if this should be here but... with the haruhi movie finished... and with kyoani working on k-on season 2... does that mean, REALLY mean that the rest of the novels won't be animated?
Yeah, as was said above, it doesn't necessarily mean that. For years now, Kyoto Animation has basically alternated between projects for two main customers: Kadokawa and Pony Canyon. Haruhi is a Kadokawa production, and K-On!(!) is a Pony Canyon production. So if the pattern continues, we can expect their next show to be for Kadokawa. I would sort of guess that they might take a little break from Haruhi though just to do something new for a change, but that doesn't by any means they're done with Haruhi, especially if the rumours are true and the author starts releasing the novels again.