View Single Post
Old 2012-07-06, 07:32   Link #88
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Try telling anyone their line of work is trash.

And no, audience rarely watch more than the people who make the films, unless you're one who has watched literally hundreds of times.

Of course customers and audience can say shit they like, Reckoner did it, so my opinion of him in return is that he is just another ignorant and arrogant viewer and amateur critic.
"Line of work" is not the right analogy. If someone called the entire industry of animation trash, or moviemaking trash, it would most indeed be ignorant. But this is a single work.

I would only call someone's line of work trash if I was somehow "offended" by it. I mean let's take this analogy of another subjective topic... food! I'm sure every cook puts a lot of time and effort in their work. But hey, being humans, people make mistakes, and maybe they burnt it or something. If I said the steak was a shit job and was trash, it doesn't mean all chefs are trash, or all steaks are trash. I appreciate the effort, but throw that shit away and try again! If they prostrated at me to appreciate all their hours they put in training, I'd tell them to gtfo.

Respect and admiration is earned. Effort in itself can be praised, but it may not deserve it in and of itself.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote