View Single Post
Old 2013-09-01, 05:26   Link #51
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Maybe it's where I lowered my expectations substantially after the Sisters Arc ended, but I honestly thought this episode was Ok.

It's an anime-original filler arc. Nothing of consequence is allowed to happen in these things, so of course things tend to feel watered down and throwaway. In fact, I'm amazed that Kongou got seemingly very significant character development in this. I just hope its actually allowed to stick.

Anyway, if you guys think this is bad, you should watch the Bounts arc in Bleach... *shudder*

I wish anime studios didn't bother with these filler arcs, but what can you do?

At least this episode was passable entertainment, imo. Mikoto admittedly was less creative with her powers in this episode than she tends to be, but I do like the concept of a large mecha that is somehow immune to electromagnetic forces. It's not a bad concept to challenge Mikoto with anyway.

I should say, though, that this episode leaves me with the impression that Kongou is rather eccentric and very quirky, but that she nonetheless has a heart of gold and is definitely one of the "good guys". From some other comments on this thread, I take it that's not how she's supposed to be?