View Single Post
Old 2009-04-20, 21:23   Link #481
sakuraame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Zangetsu View Post
The offical record of the incident by the Central 46 was that Urahara and Tessai had performed Hollowification research on Shinji and the others. I think Aizen framed them after he got away from Urahara and Tessai to cover his tracks and it would be very believeable since all he had to do was show Shinji and the others or evidence of them being in Urahara's quarters and plus the most ideal person to be able to carry out research like that is the very head of the Research and Technology Department itself, which just happened to be Urahara. I don't think that Central 46 actuallyt knew the truth, so the only thing with evidence they could rely on was Aizen's framing of Urahara and Tessai. Any shinigami involved in the capture or any shinigami not involved would've gotten the same answer if they asked.
I agree that from what we've been shown, Urahara is thought to be the mastermind behind the Hollow experiments. But that knowledge doesn't work with Isshin's presentation of his knowledge on the Vizards. Isshin calls them criminal shinigami that used illegal techniques to acquire hollow powers (I'm paraphrasing). That implies that the Vizards took it upon themselves to actively acquire hollow powers. And in Isshin's understanding, Urahara doesn't necessarily have to play a role. But we know that Central 46 thinks that Urahara experimented on his fellow shingami, turning them into hollows. That would make the Vizards victims. Actively seeking hollow powers and being victims of hollow experimentation are two different explanations that can't both be true. Also Urahara's role is key and I would think that Central 46 would see Urahara as much of a threat as the Vizards that he created, so how can Isshin talk so calmly to Urahara when Urahara is thought to be the mastermind?

The fact that Isshin thinks that Vizard are criminal shinigami and not a product of hollowification experiments means that either only certain people know about Central 46's theory and everyone else was told something different or Central 46 changed their mind about what they thought Vizard were, going from victims to criminals, once they were able to control their hollows... or Kubo is confused. But something must have happened in between because what Isshin thinks Vizard are doesn't really jive with what really happened or with what Central 46 thinks happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The charm activated the second Ichigo's body was in immediate danger of dying, and Isshin said it's been 20 years since he turned Shinigami. There were other occasions where he could have transformed, like when Yuzu and karin were at the graveyard, but he didn't-thus we assume his powers were released through Masaki's amulet.
I think connecting the two events is a big jump to make at this point and is circumstantial at best without any further elaboration from Kubo. I thought that Isshin didn't reveal his shinigami nature at the graveyard because he knew that Ichigo was there, thus a shinigami was there to take care of it. It's more questionable why Isshin didn't become a shinigami the first day when Ichigo met Rukia. His family was obviously in danger and Rukia still hadn't shown up. And he was shown bleeding on the floor too. Was he just rusty from not using his powers for so long? But I think being rusty wouldn't stop him if his daughters' souls were going to eaten.

Also the amulet was given to protect Kon and not Ichigo's body, just wanted to point that out. Isshin also gives the amulet back to Kon. If his powers were sealed in the amulet then it would be useless now that Isshin has regained his shinigami form and thus would offer no further protection. Why give it back if it doesn't have any more power in it?