View Single Post
Old 2010-12-08, 16:30   Link #22
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I wonder if creating another thread for requests that are to be used outside of AS would help? But what concerns me in that case is the overburden on AS with accounts that stay idle without use except for requests once-in-a-while. I'm not knowledgeable in forum IT, so I'm not sure if forums do become overburdened with accounts.
Yeah, I'd be against something like this as, like you said Sage, it would increase the amount of idle accounts and 'hit and run' users. If a user does want to request a signature that is beyond the limitations of AS's rules, then they can always PM a designer asking them to fulfil their request.

The one gripe I have at the moment with requests is when users post stock/source images not in thumbnails or in spoiler tags. My d/l speed isn't particularly brilliant where I am...

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think it's best to do what relentlessflame suggest and make a guild. Use the social group feature to create one and in it, make a list of leechers and such for artists to refer to.
I'm not sure about this. After taking a couple of minutes skimming through the recent request pages, the active designers that are regularly carrying out requests do not seem bothered about the requester's join date/post count/sig usage, and the designers that do take issue with these requesters are going to be the ones who create/join the designers guild; thus making it fairly redundant.