View Single Post
Old 2010-12-08, 18:32   Link #26
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I don't know about many others but I initially was naive about these "hit&run" requesters. When I didn't see them use my sig here, I simply thought they just didn't like it or decided to ask someone else for another sig. It wasn't until the recent controversy that caught my attention. At first I thought they are just newcomers to the forum (join date) and didn't really think why they actually joined.

I wouldn't mind if they outright said that they intend to use the sig elsewhere (then I can make a better decision) but when they sneakily ask for sigs and then disappear...it does hurt. And I'm thinking some sig makers may be a bit like me (especially those who are new to making requests) - who weren't really initially aware of this. Also, the number of hit&runs are increasing quite a bit lately and that's where it becomes quite a nuisance (even for me now).

Heck, at first I was the only one who actually voiced protest against these kind of people in the request threads, and after a while Dist helped me out to try and reduce these Request Tourists.

And after I went MIA (inactive for +-4-5 months) it looks like Dist took over my job (Which I am grateful for, as seeing this, he made much more progress than I ever could)

I'm glad more and more people are beginning to see this.