View Single Post
Old 2011-09-06, 05:21   Link #1016
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Genophage isn't that bad its just that the krogan aren't used to it yet, all it does it quell their numbers to a more manageable level like birth control its just when you are used to having 8 babies then your numbers get cut down to 2 or 3 if you're lucky then it seems like such a massive blow. Especially to the krogan who need to mass reproduce to replace all the ones that get killed in action, I mean look at Wrex because of their numbers they are finding the need to unify and share instead of keeping their tribal instincts.
Genophage isn't that bad, but "pacifism" genophage IS. Because what can you call something that alters the minds of an entire race forcefully, anything but "Indoctrination"?

Anyway, yeah, the Krogans are not being driven to extinction at all. None the less the very fact that genophage exists does make them 2nd class citizens. For good reason, yes, and almost justified. But this just can't go on long term. Krogans can't advance as long as they are persecuted and feel they have no friends anywhere. Hence I believe the race deserves one final chance at deciding what they want to do with themselves.