View Single Post
Old 2012-09-29, 18:13   Link #89
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Btw, does anyone know what Wand Chaos actually do? Is there a list of possible outcomes? I mean, I'm worried that the tooltip sounds too much like Wabbajack and I fear that it isn't always beneficial
It's never harmful to you. It just provides the chance of some bizarre bonus damaging effect happening to the enemy. The wikia wiki for the game has an unprofessionally-written article describing the observed effects.

Quote:
Wand chaos is an Embermage passive skill that imbues wands with the ability to cause one of several random effects a pecentage of the time. These effects are:

Meteor: Calls forth a flaming ball of fire from the sky, centered on the monster on which the effect was triggered, after a short delay (3-4 seconds?). The meteor causes splash damage to all monsters in a ? radius.

Acid Rain: A green and black rainstorm is summoned over the monster, possibly causing poisen damage.

Windy Stormy Time (Probably not the real name): A purple vortex forms around the effected enemy. Possibly slows and does splash damage.

Red Deathy Rain (Also probably not the real name): A hail of red things hits the effected enemy. Effects unknown. <-- Is this the one with the graphic animation similar to firestorm? If so, it's probably that.

Wand Chaos also causes shadowling bats to pop out of dead enemies.

Wand Chaos starts with a ?% chance to cause one of the above effects, and increses this chance by ?% with each point spent, giving a ??% chance at maximum. The effect chosen is random.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote