View Single Post
Old 2013-04-29, 13:34   Link #751
Dextro
He Without a Title

I know that by this point in the original series I was going "What the fudge?". That is indeed what I'm thinking after watching 3.0 but I don't think it stems from the same reasons thought.

The original show left me with questions regarding the plot, this movie left me wondering what the heck Anno is trying to tell with this. That is not a good sign.

While the movie was more entertaining than the previous one I found that the only reason that happens is that, this time, we had a complete break from what we already knew from the original show to stop me from making much comparisons. The plot itself felt way too simple to be Eva though: Gendo wants the 4th impact, Misato and her crew don't, Shinji gets played as usual and Kaoru is actually shown to be quite a well presented character.

The meganeko still feels like otaku bait though even if Asuka seems to have improved a bit (even if she's just screaming too damn much and is missing the trademark eva angst this time).

Overall it feels like most symbology was thrown out the window in this third movie leaving only an entertaining action flick. Decent but not really the level I expect from Eva. It managed to get me to consider waiting for the last movie to give final judgement so at least there's that.