View Single Post
Old 2012-09-19, 20:42   Link #724
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Because these powers are seriously haxed, especially whole zombie thing.

And so what if they are elite, I can't imagine Byakuya turning into petals in 1000 years time or Soi Fon becoming a butterfly or Hitsugaya turning snow into 100s of snow golems...

It is simply weird, especially since none of these type of powers were ever implied in the series.
a power like shunsui's shadow ability/kids games is out of the realm of 'fitting' soul reaper powers, but i actually think yama-jii's bankai makes sense. we are talking about soul reapers here. death gods. resurrection of the dead by their leader doesn't really seem that far-fetched given that we accept the bleach universe in the first place

i agree that a shinigami's body changing shape or form is what doesn't fit into the apparent range of soul reaper abilities. it is more like an arrancar ability to change the form of your body. it's why fullbring and some of the shitritters dont ring true to readers. because their powers are too random and don't fit a particular supernatural category like sword abilities or transformations into animal-like beasts or arrow-like projectiles and spirit particle weapons. like james said though, i could totally see the snow golem power form hitsugaya at some point.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote