View Single Post
Old 2006-05-04, 06:47   Link #27
cagz
Distro

I don't mind telling you what filters i use, in anycase you're still going to have to adjust your settings to get what you want.
For like a little cleaning I just use 2dclean and temporal soften
_2DCleanYUY2(0,4,2,2).temporalsoften(2,2,3,mode=2, scenechange=10)
works good most the time.
Anime raws these day are generally clean enough these days you don't need to do much else, some people like to sharpen the pic up, but I honestly think in most cases it's unneeded
As for older stuff well there is so much you can do, here is something i used awhile ago
deen("a2d",5,12,14).temporalsoften(4,4,8,mode=2,sc enechange=10).BlindDeHalo3(rx=2.3, ry=2.3, strength=110).unfilter(-5,-5).LimitedSharpen(ss_x=2.7, ss_y=2.7, strength=120, special=TRUE)
then tweak(sat=1.2) was used to bring back true color because the source was ugly ;/
I think i had to chuck in derainbow too but honestly its overkill... fansubbing is not supposed to be a replacement for buying a dvd, just a temporary stop gap, or long gap for some broke ppl
My advice, stick to minimal filtering, all raws have a little noise, but like I said there should not be too much these days, you could do a tiny bit of sharpening maybe... awarpsharp().unfiler(-3, -5) but the average viewer won't give a shit =)
cagz is offline   Reply With Quote