View Single Post
Old 2009-04-07, 19:21   Link #2161
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuea View Post
http://www.itworld.com/government/65...et-piracy-pact

Is this the end for Animesuki?

"[...]the countries involved have been discussing how to deal with criminal enforcement of each others' copyright laws."

So if the US starts "enforcing" Japan's copyright... then ....
This has been in the works since at least 2006, so I wouldn't hold my breath about it getting passed anytime soon. Even if it does, at worst, animesuki stops listing torrents. The site itself only links to the trackers, it doesn't host anything itself, so animesuki would be more or less int he clear. Traffic might take a hit, but I for one come here for the forums more than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul
Not surprising to see the free of guilt psychology the Americans share here. But it is my mistake to even question that. If the Iraq civilians killed because of the invasion cannot make the people behind that admit their responsibilities, then of course I cannot expect from people living in the same community something that requires even a higher level of understanding.
Ok, let's try this as a thought experiment...

As an American, I find your comments offensive. If as a result of that I were to go out and beat up someone who happens to be the same nationality as you are, I've clearly committed a crime and should be punished for it, correct? How about you though? Did you do anything wrong by saying that? Should you have been prevented from it because some crazy American might read it, took offense, and beat someone up because of it? Should you be held accountable for my actions there in any way?