Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-14, 04:11   Link #16531
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Are you sure the article doesn't belong to a laughter a day thread? I agree with the hilarious part: it is like those animes that are so bad that the worse it gets, the more hilarious it is. Actually, the only part that's contains a fraction of truth is probably the claim that American is falling behind in education, given that such a lousy assay can appear in a major website is a statement in itself .

Here is the pattern of the above mentioned assay.

Point 1: Mr. Smith is actually a dog.
My next door neighbor, who is said to be quite knowledgeable in dogs, said that Mr. Smith is a dog. So he must have sharp teeth, and no wonder he is hairy. I am sure he pees at light poles when no body is looking, and he might sniff others butts, too. I am afraid of rabid dogs. Is he one? Even if he is not one now, he might be one in a few days. Better take care that now than later. What? He walk with two legs? Well, dogs do that sometimes. I bet he is the special kind.

repeat until you get all your 11points.
While I do agree that Farrell has bad writing skills in particular to this one, points 4 & 5 are no doubt the main ideas he is trying to getting across : his rant about China being more capitalist than US is the funny part I am getting at (reminds me of Al Capone ranting about communists in his last days on Earth).

True to that China (and probably the rest of the world) outpaces US in Science and Maths and almost everything else (other than dirty but legal tricks to make money), point 5 he was making has some element of truth in it - China often uses the greenback to purchase material things overseas, thus when the dollar becomes worthless, the Australians would be technically the sad men with the empty sack. Their own currency is made "safe" through domestic circulation and consumption rather than printing more to allow it to be exchanged for other currencies - probably the cause of the unusually high Chinese inflation as money demand increases against the stagnant money supply.

Or maybe he is printing that article as a counter to the equally hilarious 2012 elections : fighting a clown performance with another.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.