View Single Post
Old 2013-03-15, 06:01   Link #32036
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
For more context, "Partner" (Aibou) is the name of a long-running detective drama.
Ah that makes sense. I didn't even know that myself. Now I kinda wanna see this episode that impressed Ryukishi so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Just another minor thing:
“なく頃に”のプロット作り、もっかい練り直すぜ!! would be closer to "Let's go and revise the plot structure of "When they cry" once again!!"
Nerinaosu means to work something over and make it better, so this doesn't immediately imply a NEW When they Cry, just that Mr.07 is apparently reworking some of the elements of that universe again. Last time it brought us witches, let's see what it gives us this time.
I did think it might read that way (thanks for the confirmation/clarification), but I still don't see how "revising the plot structure of the When They Cry universe" could mean something other than a new When They Cry. Considering the content of the rest if his message, I'm pretty certain that he at least wants to make a new When They Cry. My only concern is whether Ryukishi's imagination still has the creative resources to give Umineko a respectable sequel, and I wouldn't be too surprised if he backs off of it because he can't come up with a new concept that satisfies him.

So yeah, while it seems likely, I wouldn't hold my breath until he says something more concrete.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote