View Single Post
Old 2006-06-03, 16:19   Link #84
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
All "normal" Japanese is a mix of kanji, hiragana, and katakana - not one or the other. If you can read the news site Asahi.com with no problem, then you can play any Japanese game. (And please don't ask how to enable Shift-JIS as I don't know.)
"エレベーターに挟まれ、高2男子が死亡"
Owwww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
As for the artwork...uh...I would say it's unique in the way that you get what you pay for. Strangely however, you become accustomed to Ryukishi07-san's drawing that it becomes moe~...in a way.
Agreed. Although his drawings may not appear as visually appealing as other bishojo game character arts, there's a "lovableness" about them that makes you feel more and more attached to them over time. So far, I have not seen any artist who can replicate Rika's "nipa~☆" with the same feel of Ryukishi-san's original drawing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkinolith
of the large list of vendors to get the novels/game any suggestions which would be most friendly to international orders?
Well, I think the vender you choose should be able to process and ship your order smoothly enough that you won't NEED to find out whether they're actually "friendly" or not.

But the vender I (and many others) buy from is HimeyaShop, they're fast and keeps their game titles constantly up-to-date. The downside is that they're pretty expensive, and they only ship through EMS, which, although fast and secure, costs more than regular airmail.

Just to answer the "friendliness" question, Himeya offers an effective custom order request function (they will actually add the game you requested onto their game catalogue, just so everyone can find it on their website), and their return/exchange policy has been excellent for me as well (I got a defected copy of Fate/hollow ataraxia (first edition) from them, but rather than me sending it back for an exchange, they shipped a new second copy to me for free) (so now I have two sets of servant tarot cards ).

But really, the important thing is that you get what you paid for, so if you don't mind the slightly expensive price, then Himeya is a good choice.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote