View Single Post
Old 2007-07-10, 10:36   Link #33
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by [darkfire] View Post
Well I had no skills what so ever when I joined Megami-Anime. I went in as a timer... but have never timed a show to this day. I found my calling after talking to an Anime-4ever encoder that went to my school. He taught me the ropes of Yatta. And then I just picked the minds of other encoders and typesetters. I hung out in forums. Listen read almost every word in this forum. I am mostly self taught. I evolved as I went along. Then I accquired the skills of Management by looking at how other succesful groups did it. Groups that release fast and slow. How to interact with problem staff. How to move a project along without annoying people.
Mentar taught me how to use Yatta and the basics of IVTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onniguru View Post
I'm not part of a fansub group and never will be. I just grab hard-to-find raws off of Jp p2p programs, re-encode the really bad ones. As pointed out in another thread, Im pretty clueless when it comes to "best approaches for encoding" at this point in time...and yet, what I produce is still a lot better than some of the sources I receive. I get source that are capped at 119 fps for no reason, that have VBR stuffed into AVI, and similar problems.
I'm glad I'm not alone...