View Single Post
Old 2009-07-08, 15:53   Link #10
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
And we all know about that don't we? How is it reasonable to deliberately bring down an entire show for oneself by nitpicking a single characters treatment? It strikes me more as forging an avenue to griping and complaining about something then a serious concern.
Why is it really all that hard to understand? One can easily empathize with a character enough to really dislike it when said character isn't given a fair shake. While I don't share that sentiment with regards to Sora Kake Girl, it's absurdly easy to see why someone else may do so. You might want to try figuring out why that is so before dismissing any such opinions as nitpicking.

Quote:
And yeah maybe you should mentally compartmentalize Sunrise's shows if it's going to make them unenjoyable to you. I don't think it's really necessary to go through yet another nitpicking session on this show of the kind that happens to pretty much all of their shows. That's even harder to understand, what is it specifically what drives people to bash Sunrise shows to such an absurdity and comment on their practices when they really just don't seem to know anything about the company or it's history beyond Gundam and Mai-Hime.
Or maybe a lot of people bring up similar complaints because similar issues pop up in the different Surise originals. Really, their anime adaptations have a good track record; quite possibly because the creators are limited in their capability to overindulge themselves. You really shouldn't try to attribute reasons without a lot more evidence for said attribution.

Quote:
Maybe it's because I consistently enjoy their shows that I really can't even begin to comprehend what people find so entirely awful about them, but I doubt it. Just don't take Sora Kake so seriously.
Hah! If I took all Sunrise shows that seriously, My~Hime wouldn't be one of my favorite shows . I think that it's precisely the fact that you can't see the faults in the shows you like that leads to dismiss any such complaints. You really ought to work on that empathy filter.

Quote:
Anyway isn't midway into the show when they end up on earth. I consider that pretty new by Sora Kake standards. They introduce a lot of concepts and details about Nerval as well.
I believe that I pointed out that this "newness" is part and parcel of the problem. While it's an entirely legitimate storytelling technique, it's also easy to mess up, and that's what it seems is happening with Sora Kake Girl.

Quote:
It's not a weakness. It's symbolic of it doing things it's own way?
Nope. The weakness symptomized by the baseball episode is over-indulgence and a lack of self-control. I brought up SHAFT in my earlier post because they fall in the same sort of trap.