View Single Post
Old 2011-12-13, 17:39   Link #78
potchip

No need to sugarcoat Yozora for she's the way she is and Kodaka is fairly aware of it. Just as he's aware how broken Sena is on other areas. I suppose being a bit mean can get to some, but this is not miss universe competition. It is a romantice comedy, so I feel political correctness and generic niceties are not mandatory and I fully welcome a character who is a bit of a character(!!) I would hate to see a comedy show with polite and cute/cuddly characters only - there are only so many archtypes you can have and to narrow them to the 'nice' type is even more of a restricton.

The Karaoke episode really is just Yozora teasing Sena. It would be too much of a stretch to suggest Yozora was helping out Sena. Sena dug a hole, Yozora buried her for fun. Yozora knows at the end of the day Sena will join regardless, but is amused by how long Sena played along (or into?) her teasing.

I really think many dislike Yozora not because of her personality but because their favourite Sena got served most of the time.