View Single Post
Old 2012-04-12, 09:28   Link #377
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
...Are we talking about the same character? My impression of her is only from vol 1, but rather than an imotou character, she was one of those loli characters who are really centuries old. And she deadpan snarks Kamito up and down.

The other girls are typical tsundere characters, who all love the MC but have trouble expressing it. However, unlike most MC (cough*Saito*cough) Kamito is a huge S, and whenever he starts teasing one of the girls they are completely helpless. Which is pretty damn funny to readers. The only ones who can keep up with him (that I know of) are Est and the bit... I mean the Principal.
Trust me, Est is a imouto type character. While Restia's personality correspond to one who's centuries old, Est needs Kamito's constant care. One of the moe factors surrounding Est was how he had to look after her--such as padding her head, feeding her and placing a blanket over her when she fell a sleep. Est constantly takes naps, and she really behaves like a really young child--albeit with occasional cheeky remarks.Also, unlike other spirits, she seem to have no defensive or offensive capabilities on her own. Even Restia was able to fire lightning bolts, I think.Moreover, she is snarky partially because she had portions of her memory sealed. The original Est was a kuudere.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-04-12 at 09:46.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote