View Single Post
Old 2014-03-02, 10:11   Link #39
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSix View Post
If it helps, my personal impression of Shana would actually be that it focuses more on her than him: A story about a girl who considers herself little more than a weapon slowly becoming more human and empathic over time. For instance, there's a whole four episodes dedicated towards her past during the first season, with Yuuji being absent for almost the entirety of it.
I too think that the show (first season at least) focuses much more on Shana. It's just that Yuuji is our main observer of Shana, for the reason that he is the first person who sees Shana as an individual instead of a weapon. We see Shana through his eyes because he is the audience surrogate.

I mean, Yuuji is the one who gives Shana the name Shana. Prior to that she's just referred to as "the flaming-hair, blazing-eyed hunter" which is pretty badass as far a nom de plume goes, but isn't really a name.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote