Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-18, 11:16   Link #1898
Gravitas Free Zone

Like I said, I was really enjoying the Derp Sherman, even without a gun-laying drive (though my crew is over 50% in first skill and I got the Smooth Ride/Snap Shot combo going).

Got the Fat Max from the sale...

First battle was in Westfield, no arty, but I forgot my binoculars and had a control problem mid-game, so it didn't go well, though I did get a feel for the cannon.

Second battle was in Port, which is about as unfriendly a map for a slow, open-topped TD as you can get. But I was top tier for this one, so I was able to shoot my way through a number of certain-death situations. With a top reverse speed of about 12 KPH, you cannot peekaboo with a Max. But I also sure as hell wasn't going to let myself get killed by a Pz38nA and an M3 Lee. The 38nA I slewed on and snapshot (and it went boom), the M3 I'm pretty sure I critshot the gun on first (at least I was aiming specifically at it) but it took two hits to kill. Mugged a Churchill along the way (about the only tank in that battle that I could actually drive faster than). Toughest fight was with a PzIV Schmalturm, which easily could and should have killed me, but my armor actually bounced a couple of shots while I was trying to back away, so I was able to finish it off.

So yeah... unsafe as hell, but a decent gun.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-01-18 at 11:38.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote