View Single Post
Old 2014-08-12, 08:40   Link #5007
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Unrelated: It also somewhat ticks me off when I see Shana dismissed as another classic tsundere. She just didn't know what love was and got irritated by feelings that were unfamiliar to her. The moment she acknowledged what it was all that stuff disappeared. Seriously, she's one of the best written heroines I have read to date.
Actually, Shana was a total tsundere, at least in the beginning. Sure, she had a good reason for it, but she still fits the bill. The difference, or rather, differences, is that she was always more than just a tsundere, and most importantly, she grows out of it. She wasn't just a walking cliche, she was a character, and her being a tsundere was a part of it rather than being there for service or to pad out the plot. Yes, it took them real long to get a kiss in, but there were other plot related reasons for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
A true tsundere. One of the few good ones in fact. Maybe Shana was the reason the stereotype was so popular back then.
Tsunderes are still popular, and can still be done right. By the way, an easy way to make a tsundere likable is to remove physical violence from the equation and keep the shyness.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote