View Single Post
Old 2007-03-19, 14:01   Link #5
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Nayuki, Mai, Kaori, Sayuri.
Yes, it's funny how they're in a certain order.
As bonus, I had to pick Piro too, just like in the poll before.

The reason I didn't vote for Makoto again is that simply, her arc didn't touch me as much as the others.
I did bawl way back while watching episode 10, yes. But it's one thing to hit the ultimate crying spot through utter, well, tragedy.
It's another thing to get me all emotional, making me think about the story and the characters involved in it over and over again. If it just doesn't get out of my head.

Ayu's arc almost left me cold (yes, cold as snow ).
The sympathy, in this case, went mostly to Yuuichi; as he was the one left, alone, without Ayu (say awake).
The tragedy, as it was handled and portrayed in the series, just couldn't compare to the other arcs. To any of the other arcs, I dare say. So, maybe it's not uguu's fault really.

Now, to not forget to explain why I voted the characters I actually voted...

Nayuki is, for me, easily the favourite character of Kanon.
She hit that little spot, my moe spot. And she did with force. Unyuu~
Her arc, if you can call it that, made me the most depressed of all. The others all talked of miracles, miracles - but the kind of miracle that anyone would want to happen, and that's different in Nayuki's case. She'd need a miracle to get Yuuichis affection (family kind affection doesn't count), indeed; but who would support that miracle? Right, probably not even she herself..

Mai, together with Sayuri, the two senpai. Everyone loves them, ahaha.
Swordsgirl showed off her skills good. She's the first girl Shouta Yuuichi met, that makes her special in some way already.
Her deep friendship (yes, I like the idea of yuri, but I mustn't let my inner fangirl take over in this case) with Sayuri added to her likeability.
Sayuri no koto suki. Daisuki dakara..
As mentioned, as yuri fangirl looking for subtext, how could I not vote them, ever?

Finally, Kaori. While everyone says "Look, gawd, she's cruel", "Poor Shiori", I say it's poor Kaori as well. She didn't choose a way that'd be considered right to deal with the fact that her sister's going to die soon. And it's exactly that what makes me love her so. It's so human. As was Sayuri's backstory with Kazuya, by the way. :3
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote