View Single Post
Old 2008-12-11, 12:30   Link #1289
Isekaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
It's not his duty to do so but clearly Renka at least is the sort of girl who won't take a hint and Izumi (gardening club girl) despite seeing how Kenichi behaves around Miu is still unsucessfully trying to ask him out. In addition why would all these other girls be introduced as Kenichi's potential love interests if they're not utilised for that purpose either rid them of that aspect of their character as it existing and having no chance is a burden on their character or act on it and in so doing deepen not only their character but the strength of whatever relationship Kernichi chooses to settle in eventually.

There's more than enough eligible males in this manga for Kenichi to not be the only option so if the mangaka really insists on having ships and yet keeping Miu/Kenichi inviolate he could pair people up with other people. It seems though that he loves creating triangles or various polygonous shaped romances and then not acting on that groundwork for example he introduced Kisara/Ukita but in the same chapter introduced Freya/Ukita and then he proceeded to completely ignore Freya's supposed interest in Ukita and focus entirely on Kisara/Ukita. As far as I'm concerned if you're going to ship ship with a vengeance and if you're not then don't. This half hearted attempt at shipping isn't even worth reading.
Yeah, in the last chapter released he seems to be trying to pair Renka and Takeda
Which is fine by me. Kenichi is getting the attention of most of the manga's females.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote