Thread: Licensed Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-06, 19:34   Link #68
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
I seem to like Natsuki the most, perhaps because she reminds me a bit of Azusa from Pia Carrot 2DX(maybe my fav female anime character of all times). However it's too early to say yet definitely.
Glad to see someone else is an Azusa fan, that reminds me, I should really watch Pia Carrot 2DX again soon It's hard not to like a character in a waitress uniform, and Natsuki beating the stuffing out of her brother is pretty fun to watch. Although overall it's hard for me not to like Feena the most (purple hair wins, unless there's a trap involved), Natsuki's a close second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
Hmmmm...I made a strange observation; the princess' breasts are a bit too big(<- imo). It sort of annoys me...
Yeah, that's my only complaint with the character designs, and it only seems to be the case in her princess outfit. In her school uniform they seem more normal-sized somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Rivalry between who? If you watch the OP, it's very obvious the focus of the story will be on Feena while the rest of the cast take on a supporting role. If in case there were to be a rivalry, it's really obvious who will win and that just takes the fun out of it. Yoake would then just end up as your average bishoujo series~~~ >.>

So, instead of waiting for some type of overdone harem situation, I give you guys these questions to spark your imagination~ ^^

1. Why did Feena, a moon princess, come to Earth on a homestay and why the Asagiri house? Why not at an embassy? (there is one btw)
2. What kind of relationship can you really have with a princess? Remember the incident with Tatsuya grabbing Feena's nose and their over reaction? Can you really view a princess as a 'normal' girl?
3. How do you think the bad relationship between Earth and the moon will play into Tatsuya and Feena's developing relationship?

[edit] People who've played the game, please refrain from spoiling Feena's game storyline~
Hmmm...good questions, since I haven't played the game this'll just be rampant speculation:

1. Feena met Tatsuya in the past somehow based on her 'he hasn't changed at all' comment, so I'm guessing she specifically requested to homestay there. She probably got lost the last time she came to Earth and ended up playing with Tatsuya, there's probably some childhood promise involved and he doesn't remember that either...guys in anime always seem to have amnesia about these sort of things, like they have a mental block on any girls they met before they were 6 that might grow up to be really hot. Kind of sad when you consider Feena obviously still thinks a lot of Tatsuya, but he doesn't remember her at all (yet).

2. Tatsuya seemed a little intimidated at first, but he called her 'Feena' without the honorific -hime before she even told him to, and by the end of the episode he seemed to be over the princess thing. Although since she's the future queen of the Moon and presumably isn't going to go become an ordinary okusan in a Japanese suburb, there's probably going to be a choice at some point where Tatsuya has to decide between everything he knows and all his friends on Earth and going off to the Moon with her.

3. There's got to be some conflict there that threatens to pull them apart--but then again, I give the writers credit for not following the 'obvious' path so far with things like when Feena falls. She doesn't land on Tatsuya in an embarrassing pose like I would have bet you 100-to-1 she would have, she lands flat on her face. So maybe they'll go a different route and the Earth-Moon tension won't play into their relationship at all, although that would really surprise me. The more obvious path to take the story would be tensions between the Earth and the Moon rise just when Feena and Tatsuya are about to get together, they get pulled apart by circumstances beyond their control and Feena leaves for the Moon--and then somehow Feena and Tatsuya intervene with the higher-ups on both sides to stop the war and as a bonus get to be together.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote