View Single Post
Old 2008-07-03, 03:08   Link #477
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
She's in love with Alto. If the person you were in love with was in danger would they take priority over everyone else in your mind? I think its a good thing she's moving away from the idol worship of Sheryl. Yes Sheryl has helped her out and given her advice but this doesn't mean that she as precious as Alto to her. She mentioned in Ep11 she mentions to Sheryl she was thinking of getting him something else in addition to the tickets. She was definitely considering Alto's wants.
Care about your lover more than anyone # Only care about your love and no one else.

Ranka is the second case.

If you take away her idol worship toward Sheryl then there's no feeling left in their relationship because Ranka never, ever concern about Sheryl as a friend. There's only admiration and jealousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Apparently Ranka's manager wasn't good enough to book her to play at Galia IV also. Sheryl took advantage of the opportunity while Ranka couldn't because she never got the opportunity. This doesn't mean Sheryl knows him better just that she had better luck. In the end Alto says Ranka coming to save them was the best gift ever so I think she knows how to give a good gift.
If Sheryl wasn't sick then Ranka would still be moping on Frontier now. So who had better luck?

Since Sheryl has collapsed because of trying too hard to give Alto the opportunity to fly and Ranka went through dangers to save Alto and deliver him her gift, I would say they made equal efforts.

Quote:
Sheryl being sick doesn't change her actions. She understood clearly that in the first place that she should have never come to the planet sick but all she worried about now is getting Alto his gift. Sheryl is as much an Alto-holic as Ranka. She wouldn't have joined his school, kissed him in Ep10, shows signs of jealously towards Ranka, dragged him on a date, and invited him to Galia IV in the first place if she wasn't.
She likes Alto, that's for sure, but her life isn't revolving around Alto. She also doesn't seek Alto and ask for his advices for every turn of her life, unlike a certain someone.

Quote:
Yea Sheryl didn't seemed very concerned about Ranka either, who was a half a second away from dying.
When? Mind you, Ranka had Mikhail & Alto protecting her plus a couple of hundred new Zetrandi fans. As someone has said, the war ended the moment Ranka sang. Meanwhile Sheryl was sick, being held captive and only had Grace who wasn't entirely trust-able by her side. So who needed concern more?

It would be nice if Ranka said, "Ne Alto, didn't you go here with Sheryl? Where is her?"

But no.

As I said, Sheryl showed support and give advice to a complete stranger who had the capability to become her rival in the future. Because she's confident like that. So I say Sheryl concerned about a stranger/rival even more than Ranka ever concerned about her idol.