View Single Post
Old 2004-04-22, 16:11   Link #34
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
In my school no one was over 18 years old, or any school I can think of, there maybe is someone over 18 but almost everyone is underaged.

I get the metal detector idea from "never been kissed" and "pay it forward" movies. The harrasment kids suffer in those movies is horrible, so I ask you, is really like that?
On the whole, no. Most of the "hell schools" you see or hear about in movies are make belive. There are schools that are tough, and somewhat dangerous, but most of them are located in areas that are rough to begin with.

Find me any major city anywhere in the world, and you will find an area there that is the "bad" section of town. Everyplace has em.

Having been lucky enough to travel a lot, the thing I noticed is how much is the same everywhere you go. The language may be different, they culture may be different, but human behavior is pretty consistant no matter where you are.

Most high school/secondary school students have the same issues, and the same problems no matter where you go.

I hated school by the time I got to middle school, HATED high school, and had an absolute blast in college.

I will say one thing though. Get the most out of your education that you can. It may be stupid, it may be annoying, but it gives you a choice to do something better later on.

Work sucks for most folks, and unlike school, you can look forward to doing something you couldnt give a damn about for the next 30 years. With a decent education, you have options to do things that you might not get otherwise. Find something you like, and work twoard it. School may be a pain in the ass, but its only a few years, and then its up to you.
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote