View Single Post
Old 2012-03-17, 21:45   Link #28144
RandomAvatarFan

Quote:
In Umineko the characters, as they're presented, just don't fit the idea of people who would make a mass murder.
Honestly, this is the reason I disregarded "Pony Theory" to begin with. EP2 first twilight. I hated thinking about it, because I could not stand the thought that someone would have done something like that.

I wonder though, since Yasu did in fact do something to Berune's key which involved lots of planning ahead of time. I remember in Higurashi, Ryukishi writing that "the impetus for tragedy is often appallingly tiny. Also appallingly, it happens in an instant, is over in an instant, and can never be wiped away."

It may seem cheap, but Yasu's mind is as stable as a Hinamizawa Syndrome victim. She just wants to have a battle of deduction with Battler, but doesn't understand that people can't come back when they are killed.
Didn't Battler ask that once somewhere in the first four chapters? The answer then would be "No, the person truly didn't think about it that way." The Beatrice we see in EP2 who gloats about her ability to bring them back to life, is an aspect of Yasu, who read so many mystery novels, and was so eager to play with Battler again. To her, it was a game between her and Battler. Wow, looking at Beatrice again in EP2, we can truly see what a sad creature Yasu is.

If Yasu is in fact the culprit on Prime...

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote