View Single Post
Old 2003-12-18, 22:28   Link #19
Esperchld
Photographer

Open Canvas is a nice program. I like it alot, though I still haven't had time to learn it enough for it to be second nature. Yes, it is MUCH better with a tablet. Infact, I couldn't imagine using it (or painter) without a tablet.

And to Ashibaka, why wouldn't you want to configure your gamma settings? If you don't how do you know that your prints will look like what is on your screen. Remember, Photoshop is designed for professional use, not for making little web pictures. If you are working on pictures for the purpose of sale you will want them to look as close to what your intention of them looking like is. ie. you configure your monitor and printer to match each other. It may not be fun to do, but it saves ALOT of time and hassle in the printing stage. It lowers production costs in the long run.

PeppstaR is most likely more knowlagable about doing digital production (at least as far as fanart type stuff goes) than I am. I just recently started converting myself from traditional darkroom to digital darkroom. There is most likely also a difference in what peoples styles need from the program. There are things that GIMP can't do yet that Photoshop does do. There are things that Painter does that no one else does, and there are things that Open Canvas does that it is the only one that does. You just need to find the program that does what you need it to do for you.
Esperchld is offline   Reply With Quote