Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Stella Jyogakuen Koutouka C3-Bu
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-09, 14:10   Link #94
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I actually recall reading once of a guy from Japan who went to America for IPSC and won the 2004 Real Steel Challenge.

Turned out that he'd been practicing accuracy, reloading and all the other handgun skills with airsoft guns, and only managed to get a real gun when he arrived in America. He said that he didn't have too much trouble with getting used to the real gun, because of the shape and all being the same as his airsoft gun, and just needed to get used to the recoil and weight. Link here and another here

Having said that, Sakai did spend a couple of weeks getting used to the real gun, but by that point it seems he'd done loads of dryfire practice (which airsoft essentially is), and at the short ranges involved there's little difference between airsoft and the real deal. (Well, for handguns, anyway.)

Edit: To add further - shooting aside, airsoft guns still let you practice the other essentials. Draw, stance, movement, reload - the form is the same, the actions are the same.

Also, I really found Yura's delusions to be amusing. And now I'm wanting to look up airsoft clubs in malaysia.
Hmmm... so in my "zombie apocalypse/Highschool of the Dead Crossover" fic, maybe I should have these girls do surprisingly well when they get their hands on the real thing, though perhaps some of them (Yura, likely) having trouble with recoil and weight initially.
Spoiler for 119's fic idea.:
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote