View Single Post
Old 2012-03-17, 18:56   Link #442
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think Tobey Maguire was the one that was trying for a live action Hollywood Robotech film based on the Macross section of the story.

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles was an animated film that came out in 2006 set as a sequel to the three series they used for Robotech. (its sequal as been delayed) There seem to have been a lot of plans for sequels over the years to follow the story of the SDF-3 and the search for it from different sides. Basically sequels to the Macross section and the Mospeada section, from an American point of view...since they would completely ignore Macross 7 and beyond, favoring the Southern Cross to Mospeada timeline.

There are plans for a Robotech OVA based an some Mospeada OVA (Love Live Alive). Because Robotech was not just Macross, after all. Though I doubt they would do for the Southern Cross section of the story.

(I myself have only seen the Macross section and an episode of the Southern Cross section of Robotech, as well as part of The Shadow Chronicles. I was hoping Macross 7 wasn't as silly as it is to have it take over the Southern Cross and after parts to make Robotech more Macross and less anything else. Mainly because Macros Frontier looks good and would fit will even if done like Robotech)