View Single Post
Old 2012-03-21, 06:53   Link #11
Tatsuyama Asuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
This is awesome. A Japanese getting outside hir comfort zone (sorry I'm not sure if you're a boy or a girl). In recognition of this, I'll keep my English as simple as possible when replying to this thread.
私は16歳女子(girl)です
残念ながら私は中学校(Junior high school)レベルの英語力すら怪しいので迷惑をかけることも多いかと思います

Quote:
Well, I'm not American, but animes are quite popular here in our country. It is just so unfortunate that our seiyuu industry is not as flourishing as yours, and our voice actors usually do Asian dramas or something like that.

Speaking for myself, I find anime as a very versatile genre ("you can put anything into an anime, from everyday life to the works of Karl Marx") and has more profound lessons than anything I have ever seen. I would say "anime is the soul of the Japanese bared for all the world to see".

Anyways, I am asking you some questions about yourself and Japan, but I guess I'll send you a Private Message for that.

But here is one in my mind: Can foreigners adapt a Japanese alias while in Japan, especially if his given name is incredibly difficult or offensive to spell or pronounce in Japanese, and provided he stays there for a long time?

声優がドラマ・・・ですか?
吹き替えでしょうか?

今は時間がないので、あとで頑張って翻訳して返事をしたいと思います。
Tatsuyama Asuka is offline   Reply With Quote