Thread: Crunchyroll Nichijou
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-10, 18:32   Link #343
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
People still hating on KyoAni in this thread... wow...

You need to get over E8... stop worshipping Yamamoto (Fractale was boring as hell)... and get off of Shino nuts (he is great though.)

Nichijou is damn cute and funny... and the animation bar has been set pretty freaking high once again.
Did ANYONE hated KyoAni, flamed E8 or worshipped Yamamoto or Shinbo here?... I don't even know if you read anything people said... >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
As if it's that easy. In fact I'm ashamed to say I for years hadn't been able to tell the difference. You know it's because animation is part of direction. I don't have enough confidence yet. In this episode 2 too, episode director Ishidate put massive corrections onto the episode, so it's terribly hard to separate between animation and direction. I was like, what did Horiguchi do?
It's too easy to separate animation and direction. Animation is simple movement, which is directly related by budget and labour. Direction is the 'way' animation is constructed, which is totally dependent on conti/directors.

For instance, if weiner simply moves with amazing quality with huge amount of frame, that's quality animation'. If the way camera angle pans, BGM changes, use of slow motion, parody, certain style of animation made it interesting to watch and funny, that's a good direction.