View Single Post
Old 2012-11-16, 06:53   Link #33
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I second the choice of Alfred's quote to describe Makishima. He's far from being a saviour. It's a bit too soon to compare him to the Joker though. For starters, I don't think this story will be built the same way, "where an unstoppable force meets an immovable object". Given the moral ambiguity presented by the Sibyl System (yes, I meant no causal link "between genes and crime coefficient"; I was typing from memory and got it wrong, my mistake), it could hardly be said that Makishima is opposing an absolute good.

Sure, the Dark Knight was hardly pure white either, but he stood for something universal: justice.

Unlike the Joker, Makishima is not as crass, not as outwardly violent. Makishima reminds me more of Hannibal Lecter, a highly dangerous man with an extremely twisted intelligence, and who also enjoyed toying with other people's minds.
Sure sybil is not that great...but makishima basically in my opinion someone who dont like the current system since the current system suppressing persons "criminal desire" by keeping the person in check, either by drugs,etc

thus makishima want to break the system by provoke every person to give in, giving them what they need to realize the "desire" even though he know that would just cause chaos in the society, truly "just want to see the world burn" thus the comparison to the joker, even though i do agree his calculating manner is similar hannibal lecter though...