View Single Post
Old 2013-02-23, 15:12   Link #10668
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Not in this arc, obviously. 1-4 ain't showin' up in this arc. It's called "Foreshadowing." True, Mashima has a lot of characters... this arc. He's said as much. But they are possible antagonists for future arcs where we are dealing with future characters.
I agree with this. The only problem I see is that this arc has a "there's little of the story left" feeling to it, so Mashima has to wrap it up soon, so I dunno how much more he can add. Of course I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
When the same posts keep popping up, over and over, and add nothing new to the discussion, it simply annoys the majority of the posters who come here. I've seen it happen in many other fandoms. There are always those that whine and whine and whine, and people get tired of it. The fans then leave for other forums. I'd rather not see that happen to AS.

I'll make my own prediction, and bet you anything that after the next chapter, we'll have at least one or two posts that go, "Man, Fairy Tail is sucking so much. It's so predictable." Even though no one outright stated predictions before the chapter! The only predictions we have, is that Laxus will win or tie. Considering the possible outcomes are win, lose, or tie, they've essentially hedged their bets by giving themselves a 67% chance. Hell, I'd be tempted to make bets like that, too! A true prediction would say "I predict he is going to win." That is a 33% chance, based on possible outcomes, and is actually a gutsy prediction.

And that just covers the bare bones win/loss aspect of one single fight; hardly grounds for calling the entire story predictable! Like I said before. Wake me when someone has a bit more of a detailed prediction. If FT is so predictable, then it should be child's play to predict how the plot is going to play out.

TL;DR: It's whining, and it's non-constructive at best, and annoying at worst.
Well, as much as they add nothing to the topic, neither do you. You just complain about complaining and add to the annoyance. If they answer, they will defend their opinion making even more posts on the topic, which we don't need. And think about it, what have you changed? Did any of the people you talked to changed his/her opinion? Nope, they still think fairy tail is predictable. The only result is that they consider you annoying now. And frankly, replying to every post with the word predictable in it like you did for some time now, is annoying. At least they make one post per chapter, maybe two, but you do one for each and everyone of them? I really have no solution to this, but I don't think that the way you do it is right.
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote