View Single Post
Old 2016-09-26, 14:03   Link #11
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Again, I sincerely believe Junko or Chisa being the culprit would be pretty bad because
-Junko was confirmed dead so many times in the lore, and it would be questionable that even the FF would fail to confirm her corpse with DNA check and whatnot. More importantly, narrative wise, it would just make Junko's existence quite cheap if she was as resilient as Megaman X Sigma and other baddies that don't know when to die. Junko has a threatening cult exactly because she is dead, so she leaves a legacy for other people for sake of despair.
-Chisa being the culprit would be terrible solely due to how it wouldn't make sense for her to lurk and "convert" Kyosuke while dying right from the get go, and the fact she "is actually alive!" would incur a flat plot inconsistency when you have so many people who saw her corpse and Kyouko checking the corpse thoroughly.

Honestly, I expected either Nagito, Kyosuke or Makoto to be the culprit. The former for planning yet another twisted "clashing hopes in utter despair so the ultimate hope would shine brightly at the end of the day" while the latter two suffering from split personality induced by a traitor (here, chisa for example) and whatnot.

The real culprit identity isn't exactly that surprising after all, but the motive itself is probably the biggest bogus of Future arc by a long shot.
I agree on the motive thing, which is pretty much why I disagree on the rest.
Both Junko and Chisa not only had motives, but both of them were somehow explainable as culprits.
- Leaving holes like never properly showing Junko's corpse and saying DR3s connected to killer killer (least someone said they said it was)to bring up the possibility of fake corpses in is just another one of those ass pulls.
The combination with the latter one especially since it was a meta addition to the mystery that tricked people into thinking stuff they might not have thought so otherwise (note: I am - not - saying I wouldn't have gone Chisa culrpit here; The solution would have been a proper mystery, and is a repeating thing in DR) - The only connection to Killer Killer I see atm though is that the victim there died by a single stab wound to the heart .

Connected to that, all those Cure W bottles around had 0 effect.
The only thing I can think about that would give them some use now would be if they ressurrected everyone using them in Hope Side (If this is even a thing to begin with) - which would imho be worse as it would make everything that happened meaningless.
You can't even call them a red hering anymore since both them being in use and them being not in use would at this point be totally meaningless.

In the end it came down to there having been more serious mysteries in both Fallout 4 and TES, as there the culprits at least had some higher motive in addition to the means.
Going by means alone - yes Kyousuke pretty much solved the mystery by saying tengan is the only one who could have done it.

Not sure if I am just mad for not listening to my own advice (which I even post here) to ignore all other DR media and solve this on its own or because this end makes me question whether I should bother spending time on a mystery game I was looking forward too (V3);
Pretty much unsure whether V3 wouldn't be a huge waste of money that will make me wish I'd bought a 3DS andf the PW 5 + 6, when I buy it.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.