Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-21, 01:27   Link #8469
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
So please, please spare me the "mangaka aren't slaves" defense. It holds no valid facts or observations in relation to the quality of the story whatsoever and in no way does it show that the ending isn't... well... bad.
And do try to see the difference between criticism and complaints. Ours is most assuredly the former.
since you conveniently ignore my statement, I would remind you again in quotation,
Quote:
it would be valid if it is REALLY the end of Negima, and as we now confirmed with 38, it MIGHT NOT,
now with a possibility of continuation, none of your "criticisms" are valid, the fact you and others keep harping on the "bad ending" making them frivolous complaints, guess what? Negima had NOT ended, says who? says the author, does that mean we will have a Negima 2? no, it is not guarantee, but who else is a more reliable source for thing like this than the author himself?

need I remind you the most important quote in Ken's statements? "hopefully when you read the future Negima, ALL YOUR QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED." did he know he left an incomplete work on the table and walk away? of course, did he know the readers will get pissed, sure, no common sense mangaka is that stupid or naive, Ken knows all that, then the question is, why did he go ahead and do that anyway?

trust me, if Negima definitely ended at 38 the way it is WITH NO PROPER CAUSE, I will join you guys months ago in bashing it, but a blind guy could have seen something is up behind the scenes, so I decide to wait for more information, and truth to be told there are still not enough info to make a proper judgement, but don't you realize it is no longer such a black and white issue? only a fool would not let new information to possibiliy change his opinion, and so, are you a fool?

and yes, I would still say this even if it is not popular here, Ken did not own anyone anything, this is a free capitalist society we are talking about, Ken has something to sell, we like it and buy it, does not mean Ken is obligated to keep on selling it just because we had giving him money, he can stop anytime he wants with any reasons or even no reason at all, that is his free right, and of course he will absorb damages to his reputation and future sales, that is the only way we buyer/readers can check and balance the system, but if he doesn't give a darn? there is absolutely nothing wrong with him or us, he won't get any of our future money, we won't get any of his future work, that is the way it works,

or the short version? get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Especially the g*ddamn shota-rape attempt arc.
if you really feel that, like I say, go ahead and write to Ken, he won't know how strong you personally feel until you tell him,

(that I mark down as a culture gap between Japanese readers and international readers, I had read many Japanese blogs, none are offend by it, I personally thought it was funny, shocking? yes, but how else are you going to carry through the onion in the butt joke (which is part of the JAPAN CULTURE) that has foreshadows all the way back to the Wilhelm arc? of course they censor Ken from using the "crazy" word because they were unacceptable in Japan, and we will probably think they are too sensitive. remember, most Japanese and Europeans can't accept the American style guns/violence in movie, while most Americans can't accept the sex joke/culture from Japan/Europe, if this onion in butt joke is really as offensive for Japanese as for you, wouldn't you think the Japan PTA will let Ken and Kodansha feel their anger long before now?

beside, Ken has an out, the onion did not physically penetrate, it was all magic that simulate the effects, (think Ako's needle) which explains the untorn pants, I guess just the image is too graphic for some?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Thanks for the condescending mocking tone. That's very helpful, classy and welcomed and really helps your cause.
1. condescending and mocking? no no, just trying to be humorous, and obviously not working? (can't people tell the purpose of smiley placement anymore?) I guess people who has a torch to burn can see flame in every sparkle.

2. I have no cause on this, I am merely posting my opinions, just like you did yours, and like I say above, neither your or mine opinions would change anything, and there are always people who disagree with you, I understand all that, but it sure seems like I am the only one who say "nay" on a lynch party? (please note, duly used.)

Last edited by Hata; 2012-05-21 at 01:37.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote