Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2014-12-11, 06:03   Link #35130
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

So how everyone took that new CIA torture report?

Have to say that it was so cliche that it was so unreal. I means of course i know that torture already existed, but didn't expect it to be at this level of extreme, fiction-like.

But i guess it's better for it to be out, when it can be seriously debate over and condemned, so we can raise over our mistakes and does not let it happen again. Unlike NSA's case where things were softly swept under the rug and hope that the media will forget.

And on the topic, Snowden and his recent interview related to the CIA report below. Honestly i never follow the story before, and it's my first time listening to his interview. But i have to say, firstly, why his voice sounds so familiar... And secondly have to say he's a very educated individual, with a very strong and clear sense of justice that made me feel ashamed that he was just some ages older. I means even if you don't agree with what he said, he still make his point incredibly clear and logical. Unlike Julian Assange who seemed to be destroyed by his confinement, Snowden still seemed burning with passion, especially considering his current position. Hope he could come back home one day (or move to France if that petition passed)...