View Single Post
Old 2008-03-31, 08:44   Link #20
BigGimp77

+ Solid Animation
+ Voice acting was strong throughout the show.
+ Lots of plot twist...
-... maybe a couple too many.
- Characters didn't grow on me
- Story was predictable for the most part.

Uggh I really enjoyed the first half of the series.

Ever since the half way point I thought the show sputtered and really got silly. I found it hard to root for anyone in the triangle. Noe was insane (ok the girl just jumped off of a tree... WTF that should send up some red flags). Hiromi was over possessive and a moody b*tch most of the time, and Shin was a indecisive flip flopping jerk.

Idk what happened. In the first half I thought Noe was kinda weird but a cool character. Hiromi was trapped in a horrible situation but shows a sweet side. Then at some point they just seemed to change and I began to despise them.

There were a ton of plot twist and every episode seemed to end on a cliffhanger, but it seemed that they attempted TOO many plot twist. And despite all the silly plot twist they tried to invoke, the series was still relatively predictable till the end.

At the mid way point I woulda gave the series an 8.0/10. It's kinda hard to really like a series like this if you end up not liking any of the characters. It's a shame they ruled out Ai-chan so early(the only normal nice girl of the bunch).

Overall Score: 6.4/10 (Rounded down to a 6 for the poll)

And just for the Clannad/TT comparison.
Clannads main theme isn't even about the romance. It's about family. Every arc centers around the theme of Family. Clannad is not a Harem.

And are you serious that True Tears kept you guessing till the end? I probably could have told you that Hiromi was going to win within the first 3-4 episodes.

Last edited by BigGimp77; 2008-03-31 at 08:56.
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote