View Single Post
Old 2009-01-27, 03:47   Link #281
HazardousWaste

id like to voice my own opinion here. i personally think that makoto was generally oblivious to the consequences of his actions and passed up his best chance at living a happy life by not slowing down and stopping to think about who had true feelings for him. he seemed like a really dense guy because if you look at it, its not that kotonoha didnt want to do it with him, but he, due to sekai's pushing and prodding, moved far faster than kotonoha was ready for. if he had just stopped for a moment, he wouldve realized she was the only one truly devoted to him, and had enough understanding to know that she should only let him in when she is ready herself.

frankly i think sekai is an extremely irrational person and did not deserve to have ever been with makoto. she exploited his density and used him to satisfy her own desires. she knew she could easily distract him from his true interests, and by doing so from the beginning completely destroyed him. unfortunately for makoto, he realized his mistakes far, far too late.