View Single Post
Old 2009-08-22, 06:51   Link #215
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Human? Well, LN Nina is inspirational for everyone to Jean D'Arc levels. If you mean the anime Nina has more faults and more controlled by her emotions. If you meant thiis as being more human then you must've meant it's more common. You find more people with the personality similar to the anime's nina than the LN's. But I found her actions somewhat too unexplained and unreasonable in the anime it actually takes out much of her "humanity".
Anime Nina even may fit somehow the tsundere deffinition.
But as far as I know LN Nina has no kind of "defense mechanism" to hide her feelings(like it's natural for the tsunderes)
Her action are less explained but certainly not unreasonable especially to a person like herself. Novels can get you into a person head much deeper than an anime can due to level of internal thoughts given but its fairly clear to see why many of her actions happen. Especially in regards to Layfon who she has to both try to understand when he doesn't open about about a lot and in regards to looking out for what best for her team which isn't as clear cut as it is from the viewers point of view. Layfon being the protagonist of the show is generally reason enough for the viewer to accept anything he does as right/will work out in the end but that doesn't mean that Nina can't worry about his trustworthiness and beliefs that can conflict with the group.

If you need some of her actions explained then please ask I'll be glad to go in depth into specific examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I didn't mean over-analyzing others actions, I was actually thinking more about the philosophic analyze, i.e. "What it mean to be the strongest" or "What/who would be the strongest in this world", etc.

Something the anime totally removed from the character, mostly because they are 100% thoughts.
True many thoughts are going to be left out but I think the crux of her character was keep in place and actually she made a more interesting character without internal thoughts because the viewer had to try to get into her head more on their own to understand her. If you didn't then you'd obviously only take her actions into account instead of the reasoning and her own personality. Whether you believe that be a flawed personality or not. She certainly wasn't perfect but neither was Layfon, his flaws just weren't accentuated as much as hers in the anime. I don't need nor like idealized characters.