View Single Post
Old 2007-07-05, 17:35   Link #72
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

What do you guys think the story order will be? Chronological or still out of order? I can see merits and faults with both sides.

If it's done out of order again, then there's the problem of totally spoiling the ending of Disappearance. The anachronological order used in the first season worked well because none of the later stories blatantly spoiled the story of Melancholy. However, Snow Mountain Syndrome does reveal pretty much the whole conclusion to Disappearance, so that's going to be tricky to do anachronologically. And I really want to see Snow Mountain animated too...it's like Itsuki's greatest moment so far in the series, lol.

If done chronologically, the last story they can do is Where did the Cat Go?, assuming they're going to get through the Snow Mountain arc. I don't expect The Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru will get animated, as it ties in heavily to the 7th novel in the same manner that Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody did to the 4th novel. However, Where did the Cat Go? might not be such a strong conclusion to the season (although it would probably contain the highest amount of animated Tsuruya-san goodness up to that point). It might work if they inserted an anime original episode again at the end, and perhaps dip into the prologue of volume 7 (which takes place before The Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru).

Meh...speculation's cheap...