Thread: Licensed Mouretsu Pirates
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-04, 03:01   Link #1271
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space."

Even knowing the basics of its course (and not everyone may have had that, since it was built from accumulated data, some of which was classified by Serenity and some of the rest built up from sightings over the many years) there is a lot of space out there for it to get lost in.
Naturally. Likewise, any story involving space -- well -- a writer can pretty much do anything.

But consider: 200 years. A vessel not even capable of light speed. How far can such a vessel travel in 200 years? Not even 200 light years. As large as space can be -- that range isn't very much.

And I'm assuming vessels in this series are capable of travel on the factor of "Warp". If not, then... alright... however, I cannot imagine a galactic empire not capable of traveling by multiple factors of light.

In addition, if you throw in phenomena like... dark nebulae or worm holes. Then, maybe I'll buy the idea of such a vessel getting lost.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote